May 30, 2012

DIY overload!

 With our house renovation and so many design decisions to make 
I've been considering a few great DIY "Do It Yourself" projects.
Wanted to share them here in case it may help any of you 
who may be looking to save money and make some home improvements.
DIY- UPHOLSTERED HEADBOARD:
Trying to decide if my sweet mom and I are going to tackle this project ourselves or hire it out.
We think we're going to take the plunge and if so, you can be sure I'll report back with photos. 
I just confirmed that my very sweet and talented father-in-law agreed to build the frame for us.
I have been researching these King sized upholstered headboards for a while now 
and this one is one of the best tutorials I have seen.

THIS is a great tutorial too from Centsational Girl!
Love her tagline..."fabulous for less"
Love this one too...from One Kings Lane...
hmmmm... so many cool shapes to choose from



DIY- MAGNETIC WALL
We are using this material on a back hallway wall of our renovated kitchen (just outside of the mud room)
and our magnetic wall will be framed with painted moulding. 
Can't wait to hang kid's art and notes here.
The hallway leading to my art studio will be chalkboard paint 
but I wanted something cleaner and neater in the back hall area.


DIY- RUB 'N BUFF
I first learned of Rub 'n Buff here from the fabulous House of Fifty blog.
I haven't used it yet but it sounds intriguing....we can find it here
If you haven't stopped by House of Fifty yet, you should... full of great design ideas.


DIY- O'VERLAYS!
Have you ever heard of  O'VERLAYS
Really love this idea. I think this product is brilliant.
Great job Cheryle and Danika!
So many of the overlays can dress up an Ikea piece in an instant.
A great way to achieve the same look at a fraction of the cost.
Here are a few of my favorites from their site.












Oh and you'll have to check out their blog where folks have submitted pictures of their projects.
and speaking of stairs...

DYI- DESIGN IDEAS FOR STAIRS!
Considering doing this on our stairs from our basement up to our main level. 
Old pine stairs with painted white brick walls...think a great pattern may be fun.
What do you think?
Here are some clever ideas I found on Pinterest:



hmmm just painting the outer edges gives the impression of a hardwood runner.
my kids would love this idea...
Orla Kieley is always great... 

So many more on the possibility list ....so many great ideas out there.
Feel free to share any of your own DIY projects with us 
Blessings,
Caroline


1 comment:

  1. Very neat designs! I especially love the headboards (the one by Censational Girl is my favorite) and the various stair patterns!

    ReplyDelete

other inspiring posts...