Nov 21, 2011

t h a n k s

t  h  a  n  k  s  
I have such a heavy heart these days-
heavy because it's full of thanks, 
full of thanksgiving.
full of joy.
full of gratitude.
for the big things.
for the little things.
for life.
for love.
This vintage bottle with the number 4 in my windowsill...
a gentle reminder of the gift of 4 healthy children. 
My new favorite book.
One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voscamp
deep, very deep.
so deep in fact I have to re-read passages
but it kept me yearning for more.
No one receives the peace of God without giving thanks to God.
Thankfulness is the deep, contented breath of Peacefulness.


I highly recommend this book. 
It's gripping and full of truth.

Thanks be to God from whom ALL blessings flow.
Happy Thanksgiving
Will see you back here next week.
xoxo,
Caroline

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post, C. I'll have to look for this book. Love, love the bottle with #4. You inspired me to do something with a #2 on it. Thanks, as always. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a very good book. Will have to see if the local library has a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, I am thankful and grateful for our friendship. I shared the quote with my patients today and they really liked it. Thank you for your constant inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

other inspiring posts...