Nov 20, 2011

on inspiration and thankfulness

Have been playing with color and texture lately. 
The fall surroundings here have inspired new color palettes, 
new paintings and new verses I have not used before with my art.
It all seems fresh, invigorating and alive.
I am enjoying it and thank you for allowing me to share it with you.
All the paintings below will be available 
Tuesday by noon at Cotswold Marketplace

This one is called
MAY HIS GRACE FALL LIKE RAIN
up close details...
and listening to THIS while in the studio...
This one is called SHINE
and was painted based on Isaiah 60:1.

 Arise, shine for your light has come, 
and the glory of the Lord has risen above you. 
once again, loving my new metallic paints...

This one is called ETERNAL
and was painted based on John 3:16.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Can you see the metallic silver shimmering on the angle?
I was interviewed recently about what inspires me and why I dabble in so many various forms of art... watercolor, gouache, acrylic, mixed media, pen and ink, and more. Here are two excerpts from that...
“I am most inspired by God’s creation…I love noticing details in nature’s smallest places. I see the extraordinary in the ordinary…water droplets on flower petals, the color palette of the sunset, the chartreuse green of a granny smith apple, the intricate pattern of a monarch butterfly, heart shaped rocks. I am also inspired by architectural detail when I travel and have snapped thousands of photos to remember them. Our four children often inspire my art…it’s just more beautiful to see the world through the eyes of a child.”

“I don’t know that I’ll ever stop evolving as an artist or discovering techniques for my designs. I have a passion for trying new mediums and mixing them in various ways. While my art may have a recognizable style and niche I will always experiment with color and technique to keep my designs fresh and inspiring. I feel strongly about connecting my faith with my art. After all, the talent came from God in the first place, so I want to honor Him and use this gift wisely. I am fortunate to partner with several manufacturers who understand my passion for this and enjoy providing uplifting products in the marketplace. It makes me smile knowing I am a part of spreading joy and faith through my art and these products, multiplying blessings and touching lives.”

My hope is that the products I design will fill your home with joy and peace. I pray that each recipient will experience God’s love then pass it on to someone else. Each day is a gift, so scatter joy, smile often and look for opportunities to bless others!

This Thanksgiving, I am grateful for so many things including you, the readers of DESIGNING FOR THE SOUL. You are so kind to want to read this journal of mine...there are so many other things you could be doing. I am grateful you feel inspired here too. You have told me so, and that makes my heart feel blessed. Truly. My hope is that you know that this place is a place I feel free to share. I do not claim to be a pastor, rather very far from it....I fall short every single day. This is a place I try to share glimpses of His goodness and grace through my art which I recognize as a gift from Him, not myself. This is a place to share bits of family happenings and what is happening with my art and the amazing companies I am so fortunate to partner with. Thank you for walking along side me since this very first post. If you're new here, thank you for jumping in whenever you did, and for those just popping in for a visit, thank you too. 
More on thankfulness and gratitude tomorrow. 
xoxo,  Caroline 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting your beautiful, honest thoughts on this blog! I love reading your inspiring posts about art, family, God, etc. You really brighten my day!

    ReplyDelete

other inspiring posts...