Oct 26, 2011

pumpkin fun!

We've been having fun with pumpkins over here....
 painting them, carving them, and toasting their seeds...yum! 
So here are some snaps of our painted pumpkins....it was sooooooo much fun!
We're planning to squeeze in a few more paintings before Monday!
I am not a big Halloween fan as you may remember me mentioning before
so this year I decided to make Halloween a bit happier and add scripture about giving thanks.











Then my sweet man helped carve these with the girls for their Indian Princess meeting the other night. 
They were so excited to bring them home! (yes he used a template!)
This wolf looks so great with a candle in it at night...
Then a basic happy jack-o-lantern....and I found this wonderful pumpkin prayer...
"Pumpkin Prayer"
{cut off top of pumpkin} 
Lord, open my mind so I can learn new things about you. 
                                                                      {remove innards}
Remove the things in my life that don’t please you. 
Forgive the wrong things I do and help me to forgive others.
{cut open eyes} 
Open my eyes to see the beauty you’ve made in the world around me. 
{cut out nose} 
I’m sorry for the times I’ve turned my nose at the good food you provide.
{cut out mouth} 
Let everything I say please You.
{light the candle} 
Lord, help me show your light to others through the things I do. Amen
By: Liz Curtis Higgs

You can peek back here at last year's post showing some other great carvings!
*******************************************************
Here are two of my favorites I found in a recent search!
this one was from the Grove Park in in Asheville!
and this one is a floral punch bowl carved from a pumpkin,
created by a business in Tennessee....lovely!
Can you even imagine how long it took to create this beauty?

and then toasting pumpkin seeds...
a great recipe here.
How are you carving or painting your pumpkins this year?
Would love to hear your ideas!
Blessings,
Caroline

2 comments:

  1. Looks like the kids are having a lot of fun. Your hubby did a great job.
    Those last pumpkins are awesome. I just roasted acorn squash seeds and they were very good.
    Thanks for sharing that pray.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girlfriend, you need to stock up on those fake punkins @ Michael's after Halloween when they are 50% off and paint them up to SELL and/or share the thankful punkin idea w/ some of your companies. I big fat love these for Halloween, Thanksgiving and fall in general! What a GREAT gift for teachers, friends and fam! LOOOOOVE.

    ReplyDelete

other inspiring posts...