Aug 31, 2011

new friends on the way...

What do you think? 
Newly created pattern using the recently painted butterflies from here.
Love the color palette and it jus makes me happy, how about you?
©Caroline Simas 
Sweet friend Stella dropped off these 4 new friends to my kids last week 
and oh my how quickly they have fattened up!
Stella, can you please share with us what type of butterflies these will be?...I can't remember.

They have eaten a lot of parsley and are almost ready to form their chrysalis.
Like THIS.
Oh, we can't wait to see what they'll look like!
Perhaps I may have to paint more butterflies....twist my arm.
*********************************************************************
Have updated my PINTEREST BOARDS if you'd like to hop on over.
This site is absolutely overflowing with inspiration.
*********************************************************************
For all you other moms out there,
does your hand hurt yet from filling out all the back to school paperwork?????
Yikes! I think I may have memorized the 10 digit health insurance codes....enough already!
*********************************************************************
Praise report!
William's Lemonade Stand is up to $2070 as of today!
You can see pictures from that special day here and here.
Yay!
If you'd still like to help donations will be accepted through this Friday!
Blessings,
Caroline

Stella answered my question and commented in the comment section below
but I am posting here for you to read:
One of ours has formed its chrysalis... I watched yesterday and was amazed! I have collected these caterpillars each year in a jar since I was about 5 years old, well maybe not during my teenage and college years! I have never seen the actual transformation into the chrysalis, it was such a treat for me yesterday. They will become Black Swallowtail butterflies, you can google the images and even can see a female compared to a male. I dropped 5 jars of about 4 each at school last week for some classes. I was not lucky enough to have that many in my yard, the Farmers market on Kings Drive has tons on their parsley... if any bloggers would like some for themselves, I am positive that the sweet people at the market would prefer the caterpillars to have a new home than on their plants, just be sure to have LOTS of parsley to feed them!
So happy that y'all are enjoying your new pets!
xoxoxo, Stella 

3 comments:

  1. One of ours has formed its chrysalis... I watched yesterday and was amazed! I have collected these caterpillars each year in a jar since I was about 5 years old, well maybe not during my teenage and college years! I have never seen the actual transformation into the chrysalis, it was such a treat for me yesterday. They will become Black Swallowtail butterflies, you can google the images and even can see a female compared to a male. I dropped 5 jars of about 4 each at school last week for some classes. I was not lucky enough to have that many in my yard, the Farmers market on Kings Drive has tons on their parsley... if any bloggers would like some for themselves, I am positive that the sweet people at the market would prefer the caterpillars to have a new home than on their plants, just be sure to have LOTS of parsley to feed them!
    So happy that y'all are enjoying your new pets!
    xoxoxo, Stella

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that shade of brown on the blue background! I'm still partial to the bird designs though, but that's because I have a thing for birds. Love following you on Pinterest as well... it really does become addicting but it also inspires me to get things done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great process of Mother Nature for the little ones and the grown ups to watch. Hope you can get some photos of the butterflies to share.

    Have a super great day.

    ReplyDelete

other inspiring posts...