Mar 21, 2011

I am a farmer and bet you are too.

It occurred to me recently that my husband and I are farmers.
No, we do not live on a farm... we don't even have a garden. 
For heaven's sake, I can hardly keep the few plants I have alive, but...
We ARE farmers.
We are planting seeds in our children.
Lots of them.
Every day.
seeds of faith,
seeds of forgiveness,
seeds of hope.
We're planting fruit seeds too.
Fruit of the spirit seeds:
love 
joy
peace 
patience
kindness
goodness
gentleness
faithfulness
and self-control.
We're planting seeds of making good decisions,
seeds of choosing friends wisely,
seeds of kindness,
seeds of compassion,
seeds of respect,
seeds of responsibility.
We seem to have so many seeds to choose from.
Which ones do we plant?
How many of them at a time?
Which seeds need to be planted when so we reap the best harvest?
Being a farmer is TOUGH!
Many times I feel overwhelmed and unappreciated as a farmer.
How about you?
Sometimes I feel like I do not water my seeds enough.
Then we have a drought. I hate droughts.
Sometimes I feel like I "over water" my seeds, 
almost drowning them with nagging and reminding.
I hate it when I saturate my seeds and they do too.
How about you?
Are you a farmer? I bet you are.
Would LOVE to hear your farming stories.
xoxo,
Caroline
P.S. This new mixed media goodie is at Cotswold Marketplace!

TASTE & SEE 16X16X1.5 ON LINEN 
©Caroline Simas



2 comments:

  1. Great site! I like the images in it!...Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  2. we must constantly remember that the law of the harvest is this..."we will reap what we sow and more than what we sow." Every farmer knows this and God uses this word picture throughout the scriptures..good and bad. You sow the wind and you reap the whirlwind...you sow righteousness you will reap righteousness....even when you overwater!!!
    thanks for the great post today!! c

    ReplyDelete

other inspiring posts...