Mar 16, 2011

Are you stuck?

So remember I was just here in Montreat?
Well I was with my sweet friend Tracy who always makes me smile.
This is not my first time landing in one of her funny articles.
remember this one?
Not sure what that means but I seem to be with her in funny situations
and we just laugh knowing she's going to cleverly produce a great article from the situation.
She's a fabulous writer for The Charlotte Observer....look for her in Sunday's paper.
THIS 
is the article she wrote soon after our return from Montreat.
I've been thinking more about this elevator thing.
I do feel like I have the whole panel lit up lately...
family responsibilities, carpooling, sports activities, grocery shopping, cooking dinner,
design work and deadlines, school and church volunteer work, and much more.
Just like you...you know what I mean.
If I push too many buttons, no one gets my best....then I get stuck.
Then I was thinking of the manual.
The only manual to get us out of being stuck.
God's word, the Bible, full of truths should be our "go to" manual for being stuck.
Your thoughts on this?
Do you push too many buttons at one time?
Do you feel stuck?
If you feel stuck, who or what do you turn to?
xoxo
Caroline

2 comments:

  1. OK, I have to be honest here. I saw this sign completely different. Maybe because it's the season I am in raising 4 young kids but this is what Mommy's sign would read...

    PLEASE DO NOT PUSH ALL MY BUTTONS BECAUSE YOU MIGHT GET STUCK...IN YOUR BEDROOM UNTIL YOU ARE 20!
    or
    PLEASE DO NOT PUSH ALL MY BUTTONS BECAUSE YOU MIGHT GET STUCK...DOING THE DISHES FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!
    or
    PLEASE DO NOT PUSH ALL MY BUTTONS BECAUSE YOU MIGHT GET STUCK...SEEING THE SIDE OF MOMMY THAT CAN'T BE UNSEEN!
    and on and on and on...

    My poor kids :) !

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH YES, this too! Another friend mentioned the same thing to me this morning!

    ReplyDelete

other inspiring posts...