May 20, 2010

Wonderful Whirlwind in NYC!

There's no place like home! (can you hear me clicking my heels?)
BUT boy do I loooooove being in New York City!
It is so opposite of my world at home,
(no carpools, no laundry, no dishwasher)
but it surely is fun to be there for business once a year.
Great energy, great art, great food and so much more!
I have so many things I want to share, 
but family and "follow up" are calling my name.
So here are a few highlights and many more to come...
PROMISE!
Here's a quick BEFORE picture of the booth...
soooo much work to do!
And the picture AFTER! 
Ahhh, much better, don't you think?
Can't share all the juicy details yet, 
but met with so many amazing manufacturers 
who were interested in my art and designs for their products....
from fabric to paper plates, from stone coasters to ceramics, 
from scrapbooking products to stationery.
Exhibiting at Surtex was worth it and I am grateful I made the leap of faith.
Night time view in the city...
lots of these...
Could not resist taking a picture of this Salvation Army sign 
above the subway entrance...
Love it.
How cool is this decorative door to a Portuguese church near our hotel?
And can you see this tiny tiled scene of the subway
which I found in the subway stairwell.
Fantastic detail!
And my precious friend, Sharyn who was a fabulous roommate and Surtex mentor.
Folks, this is just the tip of the iceberg...I have so much more to share. 
Other designers I met, fabulous NYC dinner hot spots, and more. 
Check back soon!
And wow! Thank you for all of the votes while I was away! 
You guys are the best!
xoxo,
Caroline

3 comments:

  1. That had to have been one of the best adventures ever!!! We will never forget it. I was so honored to be your friend, so proud to be your mentor. Love your depth and commitment to the Lord, your wonderfully refreshing art and the fact that you are the quintessential Southern belle! I am so thrilled to watch our friendship blossom and wait to see what good things God has in store for both of us. Three cheers for you, Caroline!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO, so exciting! Your booth was amazing! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree, Sharyn! Loved our adventure together and already looking forward to next year!
    xoxo
    Thank Ali!!!

    ReplyDelete

other inspiring posts...