Feb 28, 2010

Artworks 945, Sweet Hannah & GBS!


Not sure what God is up to, but think He is calling me to go visit and volunteer in some way with Artworks 945. This is an art studio inside Charlotte's Urban Ministry Center. (see video above) My oldest has been there for mission work last summer and says it's awesome. It's too much to explain, but you know how God just places pieces of the puzzle so clearly in front of you, you just can't ignore them any longer. Well, that's basically what's happening and another artist friend and I feel led to go and check it out. I will report back when we do. My precious friend Hannah, who you will read about in a minute, is one of the pieces to that puzzle.

I am so honored to have been asked by sweet Hannah, to be among the artists included in this amazing event (shown above) in late April. If you are in Charlotte, mark your calendar. 
You won't want to miss it! See it on Facebook here!




a dear friend of mine...AND


Carolina Art Soiree Organizer and GBS Survivor, Hannah Blanton


Everyone has a story. Hannah has a special one. She has chosen to glorify God and give back to others because she survived and overcame GBS. Here is a bit of her story:
On Mother’s Day, 2003, Hannah Blanton was strolling her children (ages 2 and 4) and noticed her feet were numb. Over the course of a week the numbness/weakness progressed up her body, she could barely walk and was in severe pain. Paralysis set in from her chest down. After a 2 1/2-month hospital stay, IVIG treatment, and intense physical, occupational and speech therapy she relearned how to sit, stand and eventually walk again.
You can read more about Hannah and the foundation she help start here.
To learn more about the May Miracle Mile and 5K click here
*And remember when I mentioned Artworks 945?...well the art show will also feature works of artists from the Urban Ministry Center's ArtWorks 945 program.
Is God good or what?
Have a great day and REMEMBER TO POP OVER TO SEE Emily AND FIND OUT IF YOU WON OUR GIVEAWAY! She's announcing the winner MONDAY!
xoxo,
C

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I just saw your comment saying I had won the giveaway! Yeah! I am going to email on the link for the giveaway my address. Thanks so much! Suzie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won!!! I am so excited. What do you need from me? My email is kirstensue2@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea ladies! I e-mailed you both and will ship your treats tomorrow!
    Blessings,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete

other inspiring posts...