Oct 6, 2009

Do you divide or multiply your love?


I love the above article and have it clearly posted in the studio where I refer to it often with a chuckle. And how precious that Bil Keane credits his sweet mamma for all of his success below the comic. I get similar questions a lot...How do you do all you do with four kids? I have several answers to questions like that.
*I have an amazing, supportive husband who does his fair share plus more around here. Bless you! Love you!
*I am a night owl and can be super productive when the house is quiet. Ahhh!
*I do 90% of my design work when the kids are in school or are asleep.
*I have a home studio so I can work in my pajamas. (love it!)
*"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

It is a challenge to "spread the love" among four children and a husband. I want them to all be loved by me every day. I don't want anyone to lose. But it happens...sometimes someone or something loses; one of the kids doesn't get my best and my full attention, my husband doesn't get quality time, family dinner can get lost, friendships, my health, lack of sleep, etc. I know I am not the only one out there struggling with trying to be a great wife, mother, friend, sister, daughter, prayer group leader, Sunday School teacher, soccer coach, school volunteer, artist, taxi driver, chef, home manager, etc. Yikes...the roles we play! I just pray that I multiply rather than divide my love to all of these people in my life and even to those I have yet to meet. I say this often; to my kids but mostly to myself...Look for opportunities each day to bless others. There are so many out there just waiting to happen. Now let's go MULTIPLY our love today!
xoxo,
C

2 comments:

  1. Reading your blog again a few days late but I simply want to comment...If we work for the Lord he will take care of everything else that matters! Having a big family is such a blessing but is also hard work but knowing that if we keep our eyes on Jesus he will keep us in his arms. I love that!!!!

    ReplyDelete

other inspiring posts...